Films are more important to me : Mamta Mohandas


On a high: Mamta Mohandas Mamta Mohandas has been
coming to Bangalore often and
BT caught up with the actress
when she was in the city over
the weekend.
But contrary to the reports of her doing a Kannada film after
four years, her trips have been
more personal in nature. “I am not doing an Upendra film and
have not replaced Bhavana. But
that’ s not true. I’ m loaded with Kannada offers, but I’ ve not found a project that has
interested me. Moreover, I don’ t think that I need to do a
Kannada film to graduate in
films,” says the actress, who may soon foray into Bollywood.
“I’ ve got offers from Feroze Nadiadwala productions and
another big production house as
well. Both are still in the
narration stage. I want to be
part of the right project. There
are auditions left and only after that I will know,” says the actress, who’ s currently enjoying a month off from work,
given the delay with a Malayalam
project she’ s been signed up. The project in question,
meanwhile, is superstar
Mammootty’ s first home production Mathilukalkappuram.
“Again, contrary to reports, I have not replaced Nayanthara.
She was never approached. The
makers did want Vidya Balan, but
that didn’ t work out. I take on the role of Narayani, who was
just a voice in the original,
Mathilukal. We were to start
shooting this month, but
Mammootty is waiting for
cameraman Ravichandran and sound engineer Resul Pookutty’ s dates. That will happen in April,” she says.
Now that she’ s working in the extension of a national award-
winning film, has she seen the
original? “Unfortunately no. I have not seen the film and don’ t have access to a print because
Doordarshan holds the rights to
the film. I’ d love to see it, but right now, I will have to make do
with the narrations that I am
getting about Mathilukal,” she adds.
The actress, whose career graph
has been rising steadily, has a
jam-packed schedule in the
coming months. “In May I may do an offbeat Telugu film, Maidanam,
which has a heroine-oriented
script. Then there’ s a Malayalam project by director Joshi. I’ ll also be doing Singaravelan opposite
Prithviraj, an as-yet-untitled film
with Dileep and a film opposite
Indrajith.” She’ s also just had the dubbed version of her hit
Malayalam film Anwar, release in
Tamil. How come she isn’ t doing more Kollywood film? “I did have exciting offers last year, but
could not do them due to heal th
issues. Interesting stuff may
come my way now. But it will
have to be worthy of me. I’ ve to make sure I get a bang-on film
to come back to Tamil,” she asserts.
And with so many films
happening, music is definitely not
top priority for Mamta, who
sings play back occasionally. “I have a versatile way of singing,
which music directors are
dis covering. I love to sing, but my
films are more important to me.
At this stage, I need to set my
film career on a roller coaster. Singing is secondary and can
take a back seat,” she says.
..........................................................................................................................................................................
Join The Prithviraj Facebook Fans Page : http://www.facebook.com/actorprithvirajonline

Join Here : http://www.orkut.com/Main#Community?cmm=107533567 [Prithviraj Orkut Community]

Prithviraj On Twitter : http://twitter.com/lionheart_ps

Follow Me : http://twitter.com/PrithvirajWEB

.................................................................................................................................