Why flops don't bother Prithviraj


Prithviraj is not worried about the failure of his latest
Malayalam films at the box office.


One look on the line up of high
profile projects in the pipeline,
and we know why. Clad in a shirt and mundu with
spectacles to boot, the actor
looks totally different from his
usual stylish action hero avatar
at the location of director M
Mohanan's Manikyakkallu, a film where plays a school teacher. In this exclusive interview, the
hero talks about his films and
future plans.


Is it to get out of the
'action hero' tag that you
decided to do
Manikyakkallu? No. I was committed to this
project sometime back. It is just
now that the shooting has
started. What is your role in
Manikyakkallu? My role is that of a qualified
young teacher who goes work in
a school in a remote village. It
was a school from where more
than 4000 students have passed
out, but now there are less than 40 students. He is a self
assured man who has to face
tough situations. The students
hail from various backgrounds
and he knows exactly how to
handle situations arising from such diversity. 'I am proud of Arjunan
Sakshi' H ow excited are you about
Lijo Jose Pellissery's City of
God, which could be your
next release? I am very excited and truly
believe the film is the first of its
kind in Malayalam, in the sense
that I have not seen a more real
looking commercial film before.
Everything is so real about it. I love the way the film has been
shot and I have a lot of faith in
the filmmaker, Lijo Jose Pellissery
(who made Nayakan with
Indrajith). You're also doing cameos.
There's Shafi's Makeup Man
and also Baburaj's
forthcoming film,
Manushyamrugam... Shafi had come to me with this
role of an actor in Makeup Man,
and I accepted it. I don't know
much about Manushyamrugam. I
have done it for director
Baburaj, who is a friend. Were you disappointed with
the way Arjunan Sakshi
fared at the box office? I am proud of the film,
regardless of the box office
report. I am sure that it is a film
which should have been made. It
doesn't make sense when you
just prefer not to watch films like Arjunan Sakshi and then
keep complaining that nobody is
trying to do something different.
It is very easy for me to do
another Puthiya Mugham or
Pokkiri Raja as I can always fall back on that safe option. The
fact that I don't give into that
temptation as an actor should
be appreciated. 'I have absolutely no
complaints about Anwar' H ave you done a post
mortem on the failure of
your recent films, Anwar,
Thriller and Arjunan
Sakshi? Of course, I don't have any
complaints about Thriller but
there may be certain things
which director B Unnikrishnan
and I would agree that we could
have done differently. We were sure about what we wanted. But
then Thriller didn't get accepted
the way we would have liked it
to be and I share the
responsibility for it. But Anwar is a film that I have
absolutely no complaints about.
Regardless of what the producer
might have said or not, Anwar
remains one of my personal
favourites. I'm not convinced of his statement that he lost
money on that film because Amal
Neerad and I personally know
what was spent on it. I don't
know how the film could lose
money and if it did, I
.........................................................................................................................................................................
Join The Prithviraj Facebook Fans Page : http://www.facebook.com/actorprithvirajonline

Join Here : http://www.orkut.com/Main#Community?cmm=107533567 [Prithviraj Orkut Community]

Prithviraj On Twitter : http://twitter.com/lionheart_ps

Follow Me : http://twitter.com/PrithvirajWEB

.................................................................................................................................